In this section you can see how to customize themes. The guide is based on the basic theme that is provided with the store's creation, but can be considered a basis for understanding the operation of all themes of the Theme Store.
In this section we see:
The configuration interface
To enter the configuration interface, go under Ecommerce> Theme> Personalize section next to the theme you want to customize.
The configuration interface consists of:
- Site preview (left)
- Configurations (right)
When you change some configuration, the preview of your site will be updated. Only when you click on "SAVE" then your configuration will be saved and will be visible. Click on "Site preview" ( ) to be able to see your site.
In the configurations section, the theme customizations are divided into:
- Section: section configuration, that is the current page displayed in the preview
- General: general configurations
With the "responsive" icon () you can apply different dimensions to the preview, in order to verify the template in the tablet and mobile devices.
With the "world" icon () if your site is multi-language, you can switch to preview display and configurations in other languages enabled. When you change languages, the configuration fields marked with the flag, must be filled in with the data in the selected language.
With the "hamburger" icon () you can navigate between the standard sections of the site: home, shop, blog, ... and then activate the section configurations.
With the "refresh" icon () you can restore one of the last 5 versions of your customizations or go back to the initial version.
By clicking on the button, all the unsaved configurations will be lost and you will return to the situation of the last save.
The general configurations
By clicking on"General" button in the top right of your configurations, you can find all the configurations that have a global impact on the theme.
The set of general configurations depends on theme, but in general they are divided into "Colors", "Font", "Product preview", grouping the settings by subject.
By clicking on each item, the customizations will appear, for example by clicking on "Font" we could find:
Among the configurations that we can consider "general", there are also those of Header and Footer. These can be customized by clicking on the "Sections" button at the top, they are common to all pages of the site. These can also vary from theme to theme.
The "Header" configurations usually concern the appearance of the upper part of the site and of the main menu.
The "Footer" configurations usually concern the appearance of the final part of the site.
Section configurations depend on the standard pages that composed a store built with Storeden.
The pages that can be configured:
- Home page
- Shop (product navigation)
- Product (click on a product preview to see the configurations of the product page)
- Post (click on a blog post to access the post configurations)
- About us
- Contact us
- Page (custom page)
- Landing page (custom functionality, if you are interested contact us)
- Store locator (custom functionality, if you are interested contact us)
These pages can have:
- Specific configurations, for example, you can find "Shop settings" by entering the product listing. Not all pages can have specific configurations, depending on the theme.
- A set of sections, also called widgets.
In the section configurations, you will find the widgets. These are dynamic components that build site pages. Each theme has its own set of widgets.
Click on each widget to place the preview on the corresponding section and activate the display of its configurations.
Widgets can be:
- Move: drag & drop, use the mouse to drag the widget to the position you want. Widgets can not be moved before and after fixed sections (header, footer, standard content)
- Deleted: click on the widget and at the bottom you will find the red link "Remove this section"
- Added: click on the "Add new section" button and select the desired widget. Each new widget is added to the top of all the others already present.
Pay attention: the widgets of the pages created under Ecommerce> Pages section are shared among all the pages, as these can be modified through their dedicated editor. The same applies to the widgets added to the products.
Sometimes, themes do not involve customizing some elements, or you may need different or new widgets. Do not worry, all our themes are 100% customizable, send us your request to email@example.com and we will evaluate your request together.