This section explains how the eBay sales channel works.
- Account connection
- eBay Dashboard
- eBay panel configuration
- Common synchronization errors
- eBay account disconnection
Once you have activated the eBay sales channel from your dashboard, click "Manage" to access the dedicated eBay panel.
Make sure you have a valid eBay seller account. The basic requirements to sell on eBay are:
- a valid Ebay seller (merchant) account
- your own eBay store
- if your account is new and you have never published a listing, first you need to create an initial listing manually from your eBay account. Without this step, Storeden cannot synchronize your products.
Once all the requirements described above are in place, you can proceed and link your eBay account to Storeden via eBay Connect.
- Select your selling country (eBay IT, eBay DE, ...)
- Click eBay Connect
- Log in
- Confirm access by giving your "consent"
- If the login is successful, you will be redirected back to Storeden
If your account has a valid eBay store, then the data for the categories you have created, the URL and the store name will be downloaded.
It is possible to connect multiple eBay accounts to multiple sales countries, allowing you to manage different markets (selling, for example, at different price points in other countries)
There are three basic elements in the Dashboard:
- eBay account: information regarding the account currently in use, indicating the expiry date of the token. Once expired, you will need to re-establish eBay Connection to the same account. It is also possible to disconnect the account.
- Automatic status synchronization (cron) makes it possible to activate:
- complete synchronization of listings (every 12 hours)
- inventory synchronization (every 30 minutes)
- complete (prices and quantities)
- only prices
- only quantity
- order synchronizations (every 10 minutes)
- the alignment of listing statuses, if active (once a day).
- eBay Store: information related to the shop linked to the account, with the summary of the synchronized listings and the orders imported.
eBay panel configuration
To configure the panel, it is important to be familiar with the various components of the system:
- eBay categories: the eBay site categories chosen during the initial login phase. The categories include specific properties called attributes (they depend on the eBay site in use).
- eBay shop categories: the categories you've created in your eBay store
- Storeden Categories: the categories you've created in your Storeden shop
- Attributes: specific properties relating to eBay categories; each category has its own set of attributes.
- Listings: items for sale on eBay
- Synchronization: exchange of information between Storeden and eBay for listings and orders.
In general, a Storeden category must be associated with an eBay category. This association is also linked to an eBay store category.
When a Storeden category is activated for synchronization and correctly configured, the associated products will be published on eBay.
Please refer to the topics below to configure the sales channel step by step.
- How to configure products for publication on eBay
- General settings and eBay shipping
- Publish and sell products on eBay
- Synchronize eBay orders
Common synchronization errors
Here you can find the most common errors listed in synchronization reports or in the dashboard. If the error you found is not listed, click here to check the error directly in the eBay guide. If it is not listed or you are not clear how to proceed, you can always send an alert to firstname.lastname@example.org.
eBay account disconnection
From the eBay dashboard, by clicking on the "Disconnect account" button, you can proceed with the account removal process.
Proceeding with the operation, your request will be forwarded to the technical department of Storeden, which will:
- remove the linked account
- remove all settings and configurations
- end/remove all the listings managed by Storeden
After initiating the request, your account will be suspended and you will not be able to use it.
Once the procedure is complete, you will receive an e-mail notification.
Please note: once an account is disconnected, it cannot be reinstated.