Within the CATALOG macro section you will find the sections that allow you to configure your items.
Entering the products section you can add single products manually by using the "Add item" function as well as you can run Import / Export of products through CSV / XML file.
By clicking on the Add Item button you enter a new product page where you can:
- upload one or more images of the product. Click on the star to set the image as main.
- enter the title, description of the product and any additional product tabs that can be added by clicking on "Add tab".
For each product you can enter:
- the SKU code (univocal product code) which is the storage identification code of the product. It is compulsory, each product needs to have its SKU code;
- the EAN code (or barcode), this field is not compulsory for selling in your e-commerce, Facebook shop and in the Storeden marketplace. Vice versa, it is compulsory for synchronizing your products in Amazon and eBay;
- the MPN code (or manufacturer part number);
- the initial price and the final price, the system calculates the possible discount automatically. E.g. initial price= 100, final price = 80, discount percentage = -20%;
- Finally you can select and / or create taxation profiles for the product.You must associate the taxation profile for each product.
For each product, inventory specifications can be defined. In detail:
- if the product has variants it is necessary to check the box;
- if the product is always available check the box, otherwise you will be asked to specify the quantity in stock;
- if the product has minimum purchase quantity rules, checl the box; in detail: the minimum quantity identifies the minimum number of items purchased by the customer for that product, while the successive field indicates the number of pieces that can be added to the cart after the minimum quantity. Example: I can buy a minimum quantity of 4 chairs at a time, after the first 4 chairs I can add others to the cart at groups of 4 at a time.
If you have enabled the use of the variants, below you find a table to fill in.
In the Variant field, enter the title of the variant (our example: Color) and in the Options field you can enter the variant values (our example: blue, red, yellow). Pay Attention! Some characters are not allowed in the variant's title (eg: / - ? _). If you want some of these characters in your variant's title, you can insert them in translations of the variants by going to the Translations >> Variants section. For what concerns the options, they are separated by a comma and not by other symbols (like / o -), they can not contain special characters such as: - underscore (example: lilla_blu) - slash (example: lilac / blue) Once you have completed the variants and the remaining part of the product page, on your right you will find the "Add product" button, click here and you will be able to fill in all variant combinations with: SKU, EAN, any additional cost for the variant, weights / volume, and a relative image.
Returning to the product you can finish to fill in all the information. Specifically you can:
- combine the product with an existing category in the store, as well as create a new category;
- you can apply the previously created filters or create and combine new ones (click here to more details on the management of the filters).;
- any attributes previously created in the Attributes section can be applied. Pay attention! To use this feature you need to have it activated in your subscription plan.
- Once this has been done, you can enter the weight and size parameters of the product, useful for the final calculation of the shipping cost. By activating the "free shipping" button, the product will always have free shipping if it is added to the cart. Click here for more details on setting up shipments for your products.
In the last part of the product you can add SEO title, SEO keywords and description.
Finally, in the right column you can find the summary of data entered in the product and preview it.
Here you can:
- set the status of the product: On sale means that the product is active and visible on the site;
- Featured means that the product is visible in the carousel of featured products;
- add tags to the product (click here for more details on the function of tag)
- match brand / manufacturer.
- Finally, within the performance you can see some statistical data about: how many times the product was purchased, the number of reviews for the product, how many times it was added to the wishlist.