This section outlines errors commonly found in eBay application reports in reference to product listings.
If the error is not listed below, click here to check the error directly in eBay.
If your error is not listed or you are unable to find it in the eBay guide, please send an e-mail to email@example.com for assistance.
Error reports are found in the dedicated eBay Synchronizations > Reports section.
- add: listing to add/already added
- revise: listing to be updated/already updated
- end: listing to close/already closed
- relist: listing to republish/already republished
Check the following aspects when a product is not published/updated in eBay:
- a product may be associated with more than one Storeden category. In this case, we advise enabling product synchronization for just one category, thereby avoiding issues with the attribute settings.
- if you create a product with 2 variants (e.g. yellow, red) and publish it on eBay, you will not be able to remove variants, only to add them (e.g. yellow, red, green). If the yellow variant is no longer sold, do not delete the variant. Simply set its availability to zero. Otherwise the remaining listing will not be updated.
- even if a listing is "Good Till Cancelled", i.e. without an expiry date, if they are not updated (due to errors or lack of automatic sync activation), eBay may close the general listing after 90 days of inactivity.
Error 3003: The user is not registered to the eBay Store
This error appears when you have not activated the eBay account in the eBay store. You must activate it directly from the eBay panel.
Error 21916585: Duplicate variant custom label
In this case, you will need to verify that your products do not have duplicate SKUs or EANs.
Error 21919301: Missing EAN field. Add an EAN to the listing and try again. If you are using a mobile app, make sure you are running version 5.1 or later.
You must verify that the product and/or variant EANs are present and follow the proper EAN format. Here's a helpful tool check EANs https://www.getnewidentity.com/validate-ean.php . If an EAN does not respect the proper format, eBay considers it missing, generating the 21919301 error.
Error 21916565: Listings with variants must include at least one variant
It means the variants of eBay insertions do not match with the variants sent during the updating of the insertion. For example, this is error happens when you publish an advertisement and then the variants are deleted from the Storeden product. If a variant is no longer available it is preferable to pass it with stock 0.
Error 21916664: The details about the variants provided does not match the details about the variant item.
It means that the variants of the listing are not valid. Please, check the presence / correctness / uniqueness of the SKU code and correctness / uniqueness of the EAN code.
Error 73: Enter a valid price for the object (for example, 1.00 EUR)
Prices must always be greater than 0.
Error 21919303 - The MPN field is missing for the product. Add the MPN field to the listing, please enter a valid value and try again.
Be sure to check:
- whether the attribute is associated properly in the Configurations> Attributes section or not;
- if you have entered the data in the product page.
Error 21916603: You cannot change variant details while editing with restrictions
As in the indication shown at the top, you cannot remove variants after synchronizing a product. You can add options, but variants must maintain the same type of structure.
Error 50039/21916112: Payment method should be COD (Cash on delivery can be used only if you select it also as a payment method.)
This error text, which is perhaps a bit confusing, indicates that you must select another shipping option, from those offered by eBay, which supports cash on delivery (not all shipping services accept this payment method). As an alternative, you can remove the cash on delivery option from the accepted payment methods in general or from the product category.
Error 71: No data entered regarding where the object is located. The relevant field allows buyers to determine the shipping costs of the item and must always be completed
ZIP/postal code is not recognized by eBay, making it impossible to establish the country of origin of the product. Try another ZIP/postal code.
Error 21919034: You must accept the International Selling Agreement before you can list this item on a site other than where you registered or with international shipping options.
If you prefer not to accept this agreement, you will need to list only where you registered and choose local postage options in this tool before resubmitting your listing. Go to http://scgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?UserAgreement&agrid=7&aid=1&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fmy.ebay.it%2Fws%2FeBayISAPI.dll%3FMyEbay&fId=4 to accept the terms. If you have activated international shipments, and you get this error, it means that you have to enable your eBay account for international sales.