The Storeden shipping system allows high performance and different configurations. To set up a shipping profile, click on +Add Shipping. Then you have to set:
- the shipping title;
- the delivery time;
- a price up to which the shipping is free (this field is optional);
- a service cost whether your shipping provides an additional service cost for the portage service, delivery to the floor etc (this field is optional).
There are different ways for managing shipping, hereunder we will analyze them deeply.
- Shipping by weight and/or volume on the total amount of your cart
Selecting the weight/volume option, your shipping costs will depend on the weight and/or volume of your products. If you manage shipping only by weight, you have to insert a huge value inside the weight field (and vice versa if you are only managing volumetric shippings). Inside a shipping profile you can create different price ranges through the "+ Add Price range".
2. Shipping costs depending on price ranges In this case you can set a fixed cost for certain price range, for example: up to 100,00 € of products added to the cart, shipping cost 10.00 €; up to 200,00 € of products added to the cart, shipping costs 7.00 €; up to 300,00 € of products added to the cart, shipping cost 5,00 €.
3. Coefficient by volume You can enter a fixed coefficient for the volume, for example 0,50 € / m3. Depending on the volume inserted into the single product pages, the system will multiply the entered coefficient, and return a specific shipment cost.
4. Coefficient by weight You can enter a fixed coefficient for the weight, for example 0,50 € / m3. Depending on the weight inserted into the single product pages, the system will multiply the entered coefficient, and return a specific shipment cost.
5. Fixed cost per product You can set a fixed shipping cost per product or product units. For example Euro 5,00 per product means that for 3 product units added to cart the total shipping cost will be € 15,00.
6. Product's attribute Through this function you can associated a specific shipment to an attribute previously created in the Attributes section and associated within a single product. Click here for more information on the Attributes section. You can set the cost for the first product units added to cart, and also, optionally, you can set an incremental cost for the second product (and following) added to cart. Eg: cost for the first product added to cart = 10.00 € additional cost for subsequent products (equal or greater than 2) added to the cart = 5.00 € Assuming to add No. 3 products to the shopping cart, the final cost will be given by: ---> Shipping cost for the first product added to cart 10,00 € --->Shipping cost for the second product (and following) added to cart 5,00 € Total cost shipping = 10.00 + 5.00 + 5.00 = 20.00 €
Advanced shipping You can insert a special shipment related to a certain period of time, thanks to the advanced shipping (for example to give free shipping in Christmas periods).
NOTE: During the product's upload you can decide to give always free shipping for certain items by enabling the "Free Shipping" button. If this option is enabled, the shipping system will not run and the item will shipped always for free for each countries and areas that are enabled.
For each shipping profile you can specify the target zone. You can choose between simple area (nation) or complex area (the province). To set up a complex area it is necessary to give a title to the area (our example: UK - coast) and choose the reference nation (our example: UK) for that area. You can then select the provinces related to the chosen area for the shipping profile.