The Storeden shipping system offers a multitude of different options and configurations. To set up a shipping profile, click+Add Shipping. Then enter:
- the shipping title;
- the delivery time;
- a price over which shipping is free (optional);
- a service cost, i.e. whether there is an additional service cost for portage, delivery to a specific floor, etc. (optional).
There are different ways to manage shipping. We go into more detail on each of them below.
- Shipping by weight and/or volume on the total amount of your cart
Selecting the weight/volume option, shipping costs will depend on the weight and/or volume of the product(s) sold. If you manage shipping only by weight, you must enter large value in the weight field (and vice versa if you are only managing shipments by volume). For each shipping profile, you can create different price ranges through the "+ Add Price range".
2. Shipping costs depending on price ranges In this case, you can set a fixed cost for a specific price range, for example: up to €100.00 of products added to the cart, €10.00 for shipping; up to €200.00 of products added to the cart, €7.00 for shipping; up to €300.00 of products added to the cart, €5.00 for shipping.
3. Coefficient by volume You can enter a fixed coefficient by volume, for example €0.50 per m3. Depending on the volume entered the single product pages, the system will multiply the entered coefficient, and return a specific shipment cost.
4. Coefficient by weight You can enter a fixed coefficient by weight, for example €0.50 per kg. Depending on the weight entered in the single product pages, the system will multiply the entered coefficient, and return a specific shipment cost.
5. Fixed cost per product You can set a fixed shipping cost per product or product unit. For example €5.00 per product means that for 3 product units added to cart the total shipping cost will be €15.00.
6. Product attribute Through this function, you can associate a specific shipment to an attribute previously created in the Attributes section and associated with a single product. Click here for more information on the Attributes section. You can set the cost for the first product unit(s) added to the cart, and, optionally, you can set an incremental cost for the second and all subsequent products added to cart. E.g.: cost for the first product added to cart = €10.00, additional fee for subsequent products (greater than or equal to 2) added to the cart = €5.00. If 3 products are added to the shopping cart, the final cost will be ---> shipping cost for the first product added to cart (€10.00) + shipping cost for the second and subsequent products added to cart (€5.00) = total shipping fee (€10.00 + 5.00 + 5.00 = €20.00).
Advanced shipping You can insert a special shipment price related to a certain period of time, thanks to the advanced shipping feature (for example, free shipping before Christmas).
NOTE: When uploading a product, you can decide to always offer free shipping on certain items by enabling the "Free Shipping" button. If this option is enabled, the item will always ship for free for the countries and areas selected.
For each shipping profile you can specify the target zone. You can choose between simple area (nation) or complex area (e.g. province). To set up a complex zone, you'll need to give the area a name (our example: UK - coast) and choose the reference nation (our example: UK) for that area. You can then select the provinces related to the chosen area for the shipping profile.